November 18, 2017, 06:18:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Route 66 Remembered !

Home  |  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Getaway  (Read 1340 times)
Puter Doc
Administrator
« on: August 07, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »

Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days, we were off on a 4 day weekend getaway with some friends. We went to northern Minnesota and spent the weekend at a close friends parents house that is on a beautiful big lake. Our friend and her parents were there of course. This is the second time we have done this, the last time was a couple of years ago. Her dad so appreciates us coming up and spending a few days. He is 90 years old, although you would never guess that he is, her mom has very advanced dimentia and needs complete care which her dad takes care of with the help of some in home care people that come several days a week. Anyway we had a great time, got some extra sleep, got a bunch of fishing done and caught enough fish to have a wonderful lunch for 7 people on Sunday.

No more trips planned until October when we are flying to Chicago for 3 days for our anniversary.

DE
Queen of Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »

Sounded like a great, relaxing trip....my next big trip will be in Oct. too..when I go to San Diego for the month, awaiting the birth of my 3rd grandchild.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: