December 11, 2017, 11:08:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Route 66 Remembered !

Home  |  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friendship  (Read 942 times)
astute observer
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:50:58 AM »

We will be leaving for the NMLRA Spring Shoot tomorrow evening, and will be gone for about 8 days.  We have a booth there on the commercial row, and sell books as well as a few guns that don't quite fit the collection. The booth was formerly that of Dr George Shumway, my publisher, who passed away a little over a month ago.

chikadee
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »

How many years have you been attending this show?  Seems like you have gone since we have known you.  Or are there other shows you attend annually?

DE
Queen of Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »

Sorry about your publisher Astute...but hope you have nice weather and sell lot's of books and guns!  Big Grin

astute observer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »

We have been going to Friendship since 1969.  This is our second year of having the booth as our own. It was George Shumway's booth since the early 1960's. We ran the booth for Shumways for several years after George started having problems. His wife has been running the business for the past seven or eight years. The official diagnosis was non-Alzheimers dementia, but I don't think there is much difference in the final result. He has not known anyone for two or three years. His wife told me that in recent months the only thing he responded to was his dog. He was a brilliant man, who probably contributed more to the study of American longrifles than any other individual.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: